Friday, June 1, 2012

Day #5 Fieldtrip/Friendship Friday

Aah, who doesn't wait all week for Friday? It is a welcome relief around our house. After a busy week of keeping everyone on schedule and finishing everything I wanted to accomplish each day, I am rather worn out. So, last night as we were finishing up our evening, I informed the boys that Fridays were going to be more of a free day. I explained I still wanted them to accomplish their chore charts, but beyond that, our only structured priority would be making sure I taught the 3 oldest their piano lesson. Once those things were completed, they were free to do their own thing until it was time for our Theme Day Activity. They seemed pleasantly surprised, but lets face it, its just easier for me that way! :)
Our morning began with Von Bon and I heading to his final dentist appointment {loud cheering}That kid has been through quite a bit these past couple of months, but all his teeth are fixed up and he is good to go. He was a trooper. We got home in time to eat some lunch before filling out the entry forms for the boys to participate in the local Art Contest going on next week. Then it was time to head out on our field trip. We combined two themes today, and went to the splash pad with some friends. Before we left town we stopped by the learning center to drop off the fellas art contest entries.
The Art contest turned into a family affair; one goes...we all go!
After the important business for the day was completed, it was time to meet up with our friends and get our splash on! Fortunately it wasn't insanely busy {my aversion to crowds has only increased with each child...) After about 90 minutes of splashing and karate chopping the spouts of water, we determined it was time to dry off and head out. To end our fabulous field trip, we headed over to the local grocery store and sat inside the cool store, licking some yummy ice cream cones.
Love his expressions!

Getting ready for some serious karate-chopping action

A rare, natural smile from the G-man

One of these boys is not like the others...I always wondered what 6 sons would be like!;)
 I always look forward to the end of the week, but its been quite some time since my Friday was filled with this much fun with all my handsome fellas. Hello summer! It's good to have you back.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun week! I've enjoyed reading it this week.

    ReplyDelete