Friday, June 22, 2012

You might be a red-neck if...

Due to my not-so-recent obsession with Pinterest, I at any given time have several ideas swimming around in my little head. They vary from topic to topic, and from day to day. Speaking of swimming though, you might be a red-neck it...your version of swimming involves: duct tape, plastic sheeting, and staying dry; well, mostly dry. While perusing around Pinterest one day, I found this fun moms' blog. Over Spring Break, we had a blast with their idea of playing with water marbles. So, out of the blue the other day, I decided it was time to make ourselves a redneck water bed. The taping took for-eve-er! But once it was done, the kids were able to play on it, even when it was filling up. Perhaps next time I'll remember to add some food coloring for extra fun. Now, this is not an activity that allows for endless play; but the boys had a blast for about 2 hours. (There is only so much a thin layer of plastic which is being held together with duct tape while 5 boys bounce all over it, can withstand.) That being said, I think I had as much fun watching them play, as they had; playing. :)


All filled up and ready to play

silly boys

"swimming"

love those eyes

tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment