Monday, June 4, 2012

Day #8 Making...something


What is it my mother used to always say? Oh yes, "Blessed are the flexible, for they won't get bent out of shape" Apparently this morning should have begun with more stretching...you know, for flexibility. I guess after how smoothly last week went, I just assumed this week would follow suit. All in all, it really was a very good day; I can't complain. It just took some extra work to get to this point. I just need to be more flexible for when my little plan doesn't go according to plan. I always feel behind when I wake up late, and today I woke up late. I hurried to catch up, but with laundry, morning dishes, working out, and little ones to help get ready for the day; there is only so much "catch up" possible. It was 1:00pm before I realized I forgot to put dinner in the crock pot...oops. Once the responsibility part of our day was done, it was time to play. However, some recent changes to our upcoming weekend were affecting Make it Monday's project. So, we ditched the cardboard box car plan and went straight to plan B. Friendship bracelets. Hmm, should have done a trial run myself before gathering all the boys, that turned out to be a hot mess...literally hot, not so much a mess. *Time to take a pause!* It was a group decision to leave all the knotting, weaving, and multi-strand bracelet making to little girls at girls camp. With the AC kicked on and plan C in full swing, we instead made t-shirt bracelets. (A project I have done for myself and taught a friend) making me much more capable of handling with all the boys! Here is what weaving t-shirt bracelets looks like when you CAN listen to and follow instructions: 

                                     

And here is what it looks like if you CAN'T listen and follow instructions, and are simply too young to sit and wait for mommy to help you:

  
Eventually, I was able to get the big boys all set with making their own, and then I could focus on these little monkeys. Despite the fact that we were a bit off schedule for most of the day, we ended up getting everyone a few bracelets made; and dinner is starting to smell super yummy in the crock pot. Happy Monday all!



If you'd like to make your own, click here to find the awesome and easy to follow tutorial we used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment