Friday, June 22, 2012

Day #25 (Thursday)

Today was an awesome fun day. Once again, we strayed from our Theme day plan, but it was over 90* so it seemed like the perfect day to sit in a cool movie theater and watch a movie for a buck. Then, what better way to spend a hot afternoon than running around the splash pad with our cute friends! This time we caught Despicable Me (after it ended I realized I had never seen about 90% of it). Splash pads, I believe, are a moms best friend. Most major dangers associated with water are eliminated because its not a pool; but all the fun of getting wet and exerting energy while running about still exist. After a couple hours of playing in the water, then playing on the playground, then back to the water...I had 5 very tired little monkeys on my hands. In fact, I got them home and fed them and told them to go to Siesta to rest, and within 20 minutes, every last one was fast asleep! :) Two hours later their poppa came home to a silent home and me relishing the peace and quiet. Of course, as we learned from Newton lo those years ago in High School, to every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. In this case, that reaction was a house full of active fellas who were bright eyed and bushy tailed for hours after their normal bed time! ;) Oh well, that is the joy of summer. And as these photos show, it was well worth it! :) Happy Thursday my friends!












No comments:

Post a Comment