Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day # 9 Let's Read Something Together...

I suppose since we live merely a few blocks from the Library, we should frequent it more. However, it takes a great deal of effort to load everybody up and head over there. Once we are there, its a constant battle to keep track of 5 little guys who each have different interests and locations they want to be in within the library. Add in the keeping quiet factor, at its no cake walk for me. So, for my benefit sanity, we will be going once a month this summer as a family, and I will run the older kids over as needed; when they need a new book.

 I liked the idea of Time to Read Tuesday's though, so I just tweaked it a bit to suit our needs. On Tuesday's we will now either take a Library trip, work on our monthly book reports, or have story time with me reading to the kids. At some point we really need to make a new story time quilt too. The last two little fellas feel rather left out every time we get it out because we made it years ago and it only has the oldest 3 kiddos names/hand prints on it.

Today was story time with Mom. When the older boys were younger, I used to read a chapter book to them every evening. As they got older and their interests in books varied and their personal reading abilities expanded, I just sort of got our of the habit. I read our children's books regularly to the little boys, but have not yet tried to read a chapter book to them. So, today was the big day. Each of the older boys brought a few selections to the table and we held a vote. After several votes and much discussion, we settled on The Chocolate Touch being our first choice. I managed to get 3 chapters read before the little ones started to get restless. I'd call that success! Sorry, no fun pictures for today...I was a little busy reading. :) What books do you love that we should  add to our summer reading bucket list?
Happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment