Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day #17 A Different kind of Recipe...no food involved

What do you get when you combine 5 little boys and 1 momma, some popcorn, soda, airheads, a big screen, and an old kids movie? A recipe for disaster! No, I'm kidding. Of course to be honest, that was my first thought. It was supposed to be "What's Cookin' Wednesday". We were supposed to be making lemon icee's in the comfort of our own home. However, last week I discovered that a nearby movie theater had a Kids Summer Movie program. The tickets are just a buck, and unlike some other theaters that only show one movie, one day...this theater shows each movie for 3 days, twice per day. This results in much smaller crowds! Plus, this particular theater has affordable concessions. Dollar drinks and popcorn and .33 airheads were the perfect ingredients to making our different kind of recipe for this particular Wednesday. This was quite the adventure for me. I am of course, not unfamiliar with going out in public with all 5 of my munchkins. In fact, I have become quite accustomed to it. However, in all these 12 1/2 years of parenting (well, only 3 years if we are counting all 5 kiddos) I have never taken them all to a movie together, with me as the only adult! :) Of course, with the above-mentioned treats, and one of our favorite movies playing, the odds were in my favor. It was a delightful time and I think we shall do it again, soon!
Before the Movie!

After the movie! Still smiling!!!
We never did get those Icee's made. Perhaps we will blend them up and sip them while we are being Thoughtful on Thursday! If you are local to my area and want to support our theater that has this Kids summer $1 movie program, closes on Sunday, and doesn't take half your weeks pay for a bag of popcorn, you can click here. Just scroll down and click on the "Summer Kid's Movies" Enjoy! :)

*The older boys said I should add a bit of trivia so you can guess what we saw. Our favorite lines from the movie were "OH! My giant blue head!" (hmmm, that's a dead give away if you have even the slightest knowledge of kid movies made in the last 5 years) and "I am shaking in my custom, baby seal, leather boots" Look for the answer in Thursdays post! That is if I can remember to include it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment