Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day #19 Father's Day trumps Field trip!

I am sensing a pattern as of late, my lovely plans don't always seem to go as I planned. Oh well. Today we were going to head to a fruit farm to pick cherries. You just can't beat .60 per pound! But, my friend needed me to watch her kiddos again so we started our day playing. The farm was only open for picking until noon so we had to re-schedule. No worries! Cherries just came on today, so we are good for a few days. Plan B was to head to the splash pad after we were done babysitting. However, while we were babysitting, I finally got some ideas flowing about what we'd be doing for our Poppa for Father's Day! I had liked several ideas that I pinned to my board on Pinterest, but I hadn't settled on one yet. Then, while skimming Pinterest again, I saw a picture that was 2 die 4 cute, and just had to do it! With only a few hours left before our Poppa would be home from work, Plan B had to be vacated. We went straight on to Plan C; or Operation Father's Day, as its known here. You'd think with the kids home all day for the past 3 weeks, at some point I could have worked Father's Day stuff into it. It just simply didn't register in my brain that we can't be working on top secret gift stuff on a Saturday with Dad in the room! The splash pad could wait. Now, I'd love to spill the beans on all the fun stuff we did. In fact, I am just ready to burst I am so excited. However, my sweet husband frequents this blog regularly and we can't be spoiling anything the day BEFORE the big day! ;) Let's just say it involved painting on ticklish feet, crayons, markers, colored pencils, giggling, 60 or so attempts at the perfect shots, cute scrapbook paper, ribbon, more paint, one-hour photo lab, and another big mess to clean up! It was the most fun I've had in awhile. I shall post all about it...later! I don't have cute pictures of the "process" either, because when there is paint involved, the camera is far, far, away! I'll show off the finished products next time! Have a super great weekend, and Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment