Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Making a Plan...

"There's 104 days of summer vacation, and school come around just to end them. So the annual problem for our generation...is finding a good way to spend them....."
Aah, therein lies the challenge. I enjoy summer for many reasons. Many involving areas in which I can be a bit more lax in the daily schedule. However, lets face it, if there is nothing for anyone to do; and no real structure to each day...it's gonna be a Looong 104 days.
In years past I have gone all out with homework packets and new skills I was determined the boys would master over the summer. My best intentions seemed to dwindle in mid-June, and never really got back to any level of consistency. So, this year I have taken a new approach. We will have a schedule, but it will only include what really matters most to me and will be flexible. I spent hours in the weeks before summer pinning to my hearts content every craft project, outdoor activity, recipe, and educational idea I could get my hands mouse clicker, on. Then I spent even more hours sifting through everybody's idea of what the "101 best summer activities" were. I narrowed it all down to fit my "plan" and came up with what I believe will be a rather "Pinterest"ing Summer Vacation! This blog will serve as our journal of the summer to remind me (and the boys) of the adventures we shared and the memories we made as we found a good way to spend our 104 days together.

No comments:

Post a Comment