Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day #1 Make it Monday

Our first Make it Monday project was Grass Heads. I found these cute guys pinned on Pinterest, and followed the picture to Red Ted Art's blog. Here is the link: http://www.redtedart.com/2012/04/04/kids-crafts-grass-heads/ (I am new to the blog world, I hope that works...
It was pretty fun. The boys found it rather silly to stick dirt in my old pantyhose. We picked up the bag of grass seed at the local IFA store. I'll keep you posted on how well/fast Kentucky bluegrass grows. We picked up some terracotta pots at Hobby Lobby and I laid out a piece of poster board and let the boys go to town on the painting. Then we filled up the knee-highs with about 1 T. of grass and a lot of dirt, shaped the heads and stuck them in the pots. Monday was busy with a family BBQ for the holiday, and some other yard projects, so our little guys remain faceless to this day. I am sure we will get back to that soon enough. It was pretty fun! The big boys were especially creative with their painting.
Our face-less little grass heads!
*update* Fast forward a couple of days, we now have finished products!
Clearly I will need to get better at taking more "action" shots, by the time I thought to pull out the camera, the paints were cleaned up, the left over grass seed was planted on the dead spot in the front yard, and the boys were long gone; off playing in their fort I think. (I will post about that at a later date!) We are excited to watch these grow and can't wait to give them each "haircuts" later on in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment