Monday, August 27, 2012

Glow sticks and the water park Day #53

Before I get too far into this post, I should mention that although today's date is actually August 27, 2012, this post is being written about July 19th. It would appear that I blog, much like I journal....really great and consistent for several weeks, then a month passes by without a word. So, for posterity sake, now I will know the actual day this occurred on, since I can't figure out how to get blogger to let me change the date.

Oh what do you do in the summer time, when every day is HOT!?! Well, you head over to the splash pad, again, even if you've been a hundred times, because that is where the cool/free water is! :)




Later that day....

While cleaning out a drawer in the kitchen, Mr. Gentry found several packs of glow sticks. We decided to open one, and were very disappointed to discover they were so old, they no longer cracked and glowed. So, of course, we had to open ALL the other packages...to find out if they had survived. After some more disappointments, we found several that still worked, and I thought it would be fun to take some pictures of them in the dark to see how they would turn out. We were all pretty fascinated with the results.




No comments:

Post a Comment