Monday, August 27, 2012

Gentry's Scout Day Camp (Day #54) 7/20/12

Cub Scouts in our ward have been a little hit and miss as of late. So, I was very excited when the Primary President took me up on my offer to help chaperone the boys up at day camp. It was an early start to the day, we met at the church at 7:00 a.m. with sack lunches and bottled water in hand. We have a fun group of boys in our ward and the day was lots of fun. The boys got to learn a wide variety of things and do some pretty fun activities. They learned how to hold and shoot and bow and arrow, they pulled a hand cart wagon, shot bb guns, built a mini tee pee, and even panned for some gold. My job was pretty simple, just keep the boys in a group and help out as needed. On the river pond boat, I helped facilitate a little race between our group and the group on the other raft. Our boys won, no problem. I was impressed with how they worked as a team and got in a really good rhythm paddling. We enjoyed lunch on a grassy spot under the shade of a big tree; and I had a wonderful time watching G try new things and interact with his scout buddies. I am go glad I got to go! What a fun day!








No comments:

Post a Comment