Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day # 39 The rather late "Spring Clean"

Typically on a Thursday, we try to do something thoughtful for someone else. Earlier in the week though, we all sat down together and wrote out Thank you notes to my brother for the fridge, and my sister for delivering it. We also wrote notes to my parents for our trip to St. George earlier this year. (I am hoping thank you notes are a "better late than never" type thing) I really need to improve on how quickly I get those sent out. We did them earlier in the week though, so we could hand deliver them when we were up for the family BBQ. That meant our regular Thursday schedule was free for a little tweaking.

I woke up not feeling very well and didn't have much energy to do what needed to be done for the day. So, I plopped myself in the living room and asked the kids to bring me all of our craft drawers, my scrapbooking drawers, my fabric bin, and our 2 large file bins. I spent the better part of the day consolidating supplies, throwing out things, and organizing every bin, tote, and drawer. It felt great to actually accomplish something on a day when I would have preferred to just stay in bed. 2 trash bags later, and all that was left to take care of was a giant stack of papers to shred. I was dreading having to sit and shred all of it in our little shredder that can handle 2 pages at a time...then it occurred to me that this was just the kind of project little fellas would love to help out with! I put them right to work and before I knew it, the papers were shredded! I may be a little late to the Spring cleaning party, but at least now when I want to be crafty, I know where all my stuff is! :) The kiddos looked pretty cute shredding paper, they lined up and each took turns putting the next paper in...yay for team work!




Who knew shredding paper could lead to almost 2 hours of fun??? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment