Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day #31 No cooking here...it's too hot!

Usually on a Wednesday, we like to cook something new. It has gotten far too hot to be baking in the middle of the day though. So, today we decided to whip up some pudding pops and freeze them. Then we ate them later to cool off...much later, I should mention. The recipe we followed said that the larger sized pops took several hours to freeze. Since our popsicle molds are pretty small, I figured two hours would suffice, I was mistaken. After dinner was finished, they were finally ready to eat. The kids enjoyed them, but I was not a huge fan. The recipe we used was just pudding mix, cool whip, and some milk. I like my frozen treats nice and creamy and these had ice crystals through them and were "crunchy" with ice particles. They were fun, but I am calling that recipe a one-time shot. It won't be making into my recipe box. :) Next time we will probably just freeze up some lemonade or something. Cute pictures either way! Here are the fellas, preparing their pudding pops:




No comments:

Post a Comment